You say "reloading the overlay", but unless you've changed something
the overlay isn't loaded at boot.  The overlay is generally loaded the
first time setup.sh gets run.

So it sounds like there may need to be a bit of delay added to the
setup.sh to allow the sysfs files to appear, or you could configure
your uEnv.txt to load the overlay at boot time.

Exactly which configuration are you using?  I can send you a modified
setup.sh to test.

On 5/3/2017 4:49 AM, gburbeck wrote:
> yes the symklnks appeared after reloading the overlay and machinekit started
> ok
>
> Tested:
>
>   * reboot
>   * check the /sys/class/uio folder every minute, or so, for a 5 minutes ->
> the
>     symlinks didn't appear
>   * reloaded the overlay -> symlinks reappeared
>   * machinekit started ok
>
> Tested:
>
>   * reboot
>   * check the /sys/class/uio folder after 10 minutes of total inactivity from
>     reboot -> the symlinks didn't appear
>

>   *
>

> --
> website: http://www.machinekit.io blog: http://blog.machinekit.io github: