Probably, over Wheezy anyway.

The problem with czmq, was that they changed the API so that the Machinekit code only worked with earlier versions.

We changed the code and Debian backported the czmq packages to Jessie from Stretch,

which means that Jessie and Stretch are supported by Debian packages.

Wheezy is stuck with earlier packages and the old code.

This, plus the imminent 'end of life' is why Wheezy packages are no longer being produced