Hi MachineKit,

It's been almost 8 years since I used my pico systems univpwm system (5
axis brushless servos). At the time I was in the process of rewriting Axis,
that I found too monolithic to maintain or extend. I had a PyQt4 gui
working, jogging, mdi-ing with a rather raw openGL display. I recently
resurrected all this code and made it work with the latest linuxcnc
version. Then I learned about the machinekit project, which I find
fascinating. Especially the multicore effort and the more recent
backend(hal)/frontend(not-hal) separation. Which leads to my questions:

What is the state of the ppmc driver in all this? anyone used it?

Is there an effort/interest in modernizing the front-end API?

Any interest in ROS, expecially ROS2?

At the present I use my machine as a robot to precisely move a sensor. I
have years of experience in modern Python/C++/Qt/QML and lots of experience
in real-time, math-heavy programming. I *may* find some time to contribute
a bit to your project.

Thanks!