Interesting this QtQuick VCP project. I could add some basic CAD plugin to
it.

Too bad for the ppmc module,

I'm not sure I can find the time for that level of commitment (i.e. porting
ppmc). I can always ask Jon Elson, but before I do, has anyone successfully
used any parport-based controller for a servo-loop with machinekit?

Another question would be:

The univpwm board read encoders and controls motor drives via (proportional
to duty cycle) pwm signals. Would how much work would i t be to do the same
thing with e.g. the DE0-Nano ?

Thanks a lot