I think I'll go the M-code route as I know how to do that.  Just means I
need to re-compile openpnp though (and instruct everyone else to do the
same), and so I was trying to avoid that bit.
Then again, if I had my way, I'd be using machinetalk and not linuxcncrsh
also, but time is getting short.
So am I correct in saying that adding the extra axis to trivkins would
solve the issue also though?