Hey Aurelien,

I've done a whole lot to get everything up and running with machinekit. I
wasted a lot of time trying to keep with the native C NML system but all
efforts failed me there when it came to compiling against machinekit vs
linuxcnc (Which works fine...). Right now I'm fighting with a memory leak
with the python c api (Now all NML is handled through the native
python linuxcnc module, but all the code is called from C...). So be sure
to look for commits throughout the day when I solve that. So your problem
with no keyboard or mouse is due to insufficient privileges, Xmotion needs
direct access to the /dev/event nodes which needs root. Open with "sudo"
and it should work. I've been starting machinekit with a config that has
DISPLAY=halui. This way machinekit is up and running and then you can do
./Xmotion and it will launch and open the NML channel automatically.

[image: Mailtrack]
<https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality5&;>
Sender
notified by