Hi,
unfortunately, there is no documentation per se. There are the articles
from Michael Haberler in his wiki on Github
https://github.com/mhaberler/asciidoc-sandbox/wiki and from Alex Roessler
on his blog https://machinekoder.com/topics/machinetalk/. Othert than that,
there are the (mostly bloody) python examples in Machinekit source code and
then there are the source files themselves.

I have also been loking at it and the ZeroMQ transport layer is fairly
canonical/standard, so the ZeroMQ Guide would be good start as any. I guess.

Cern.