Hi Jonas
I know I'm late to this thread I would just like to mention that Machinekit
now has a new hardware option called the Ultra96
<https://www.96boards.org/product/ultra96/>
This (socfpga) board is somewhat more expensive than the BBxx offerings,
but it also has a lot of more muscle. (also in the cpu's)
It already has a vision recognition framework described in these links
below.

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18841949/Zynq+UltraScale+MPSoC+Accelerated+Image+Classification+via+Binary+Neural+Network+TechTip
https://www.hackster.io/dhq/accelerating-image-processing-with-ultra96-caebe6
https://www.hackster.io/karl-nl/binary-neural-network-demonstration-on-ultra96-6b48e0

The final bits and pieces have just been put into place to make this Board
part of the Machinekit mksocfpga ecosystem.

Best wishes
Michael B