Hi,

Jan 26, 2021, 05:46 by fun...@gmail.com:

> Hello,
>
> I know what I said and I know I have failed so far. Excuse me, I will keep
> attempting ideas. My power source is on another planet or something. I am
> still waiting for it.

> So, Jekyll is out. Okay. If the site cannot be done via stretch any longer
> and has to be rebuilt on another machine, from what I understand, Docker is
> "precarious." I started some "fancy" coding in html5 and w/out using
> JavaScript.

The current Docker image which contains the main build logic is only precarious
because it is based on Debian Jessie or Wheezy, both of which are currently
obsolete, and as such cannot be just build again. To make it buildable again
(and more robust at the same time), one would need to do the maintenance work
and update all to current versions.

Moreover, the building process was originally happening on private hardware
behind closed doors. And not all the logic could be simply ported to the public
cloud as it is now. (It is bit convoluted.)

> I  host my sites for controlling some bots via a server, some html5, css, and
> a BBB. I used bind9, virtual hosts, a soon to enable cgi-script(s), and I
> have a long time to go. New year, new issues!
>
> What is the current standing so far w/ Machinekit.io and "whatever" source
> needs to be used to duplicate the site. I do not use DBs much. So,
> replication is still copy and paste over here.

The current state is that the Machinekit site is hosted on Github Pages - it is
redirect to machinekit.github.io, so everything is stored in the
github.com/machinekit/machinekit.github.io
<http://github.com/machinekit/machinekit.github.io> repository. But it is a bit
more complicated, the site itself is stored in
github.com/machinekit/machinekit-docs
<http://github.com/machinekit/machinekit.github.io> or at least the recipe for
it is. From this repository on each merge the Jekyll pipeline runs and builds
the output which is then stored in machinekit.github.io.

The relevant commands are in:
https://github.com/machinekit/machinekit.github.io/blob/master/.github/workflows/build-on-ping.yaml

and

https://github.com/machinekit/machinekit-docs/blob/master/.github/workflows/ping-remote-repository.yaml

My personal opinion is that the site should stay on public and reproducible
hosting solution and should use public and reproducible tools - that way if the
author leaves or looses interest, the code and logic is all there and can
maintained by somebody else intereted.

Cern.