on 7/3/01 2:50 PM, Brad Pettit at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Are these MacBinary files, zip files, or what? MacBinary has built-in
> support for storing the original filename, as do other compressed
> formats such as hqx or zip. Only if the original file-name is in the
> data stream can IE get at it.

These are all .zip or .tar.gz files of the Unix/Linux persuasion. Is there a
tool to encode such files with MacBinary on a Unix platform, albeit then
that file most likely won't be useful for non-Mac users :-(

> Other possibilities would include a
> problem in character mapping of the name, the protocol being used
> (ftp/http). Do you have a particular URL that exhibits the bug? Perhaps
> someoone on the current MacIE dev team can look at the headers being
> passed with the file.

Just go to:

http://www.postnuke.com/download.php?op=viewdownload&cid=1

Grab any of the files on there:

http://www.postnuke.com/download.php?op=getit&lid=1
http://www.postnuke.com/download.php?op=getit&lid=2

and compare that to the SourceForge site:

and any of the files on there that do it properly:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/post-nuke/fallout0_50.tar.gz
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/post-nuke/fallout0_50.zip

I'd be really curious about any differences in the way these two sites send
the data, as they both work equally properly on the Windows and Netscape
sides.

Thanks,

Harry
---
http://www.zinkdifferent.com

To unsubscribe send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To search the archives:
          <http://www.mail-archive.com/macie-talk%40lists.boingo.com/>