On Thursday, October 11, 2001, at 04:40 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> on 10/11/01 4:35 PM, Rick Mann at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> [snip!]
>> Now, there's one more feature I'd really love: the ability to suppress
>> the
>> creation of a new window by JavaScript. This way, all of those annoying
>> popup windows (ads) can be avoided.
> [snip!]
>
> I wholeheartedly agree and support the motion!

Amen.

For a good example of a power-user preference setting for controlling
this (and other) JS code, see the way iCab has implemented it's
"InScript" filters. If you are not interested in downloading and
installing iCab just to view this preference dialog, I have a screenshot
of the screen (from an older version of iCab) online at:
http://phrogz.net/tmp/icabfilter.gif

I far prefer IE as a general all-around browser, but there are some
specific VERY POWERFUL features that iCab allows which I lust after.
(Filtering graphics based on domain and dimensions? Yum!)

I understand that these sorts of preferences would probably be lost on
the average user, but IMO that's an argument for burying them under some
Advanced prefs, not an argument for not spending development time on
them.

To unsubscribe send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To search the archives:
          <http://www.mail-archive.com/macie-talk%40lists.boingo.com/>