> Okay, you guys at MS finally added incredible preferences in IE 5 for Mac OS
> X: Interface Extras. Everyone I know immediately sets them to the opposite
> of their default settings

Oh yeah, Kudos to all for that little tidbit of extras... Much appreciated
to be able to set turn all of those things off (and the IE team might want
to take to heart that probably everyone sets them to the opposite b default,
so, maybe that ought to be default settings).

> Aside from the improved
> rendering capabilities, it is for these preferences that I can't wait for IE
> 5.1 to come back to OS 9 (X is just not ready).

Same here, albeit by the time 5.1 for OS X ships, it might actually be
ready, or at least readier than it is now (I have a whole list of oversights
that need to be fixed, IMO, before it starts being useful).

> Now, there's one more feature I'd really love: the ability to suppress the
> creation of a new window by JavaScript. This way, all of those annoying
> popup windows (ads) can be avoided.

Oh, if they add that, I would sacrifice a cow to their souls...

Harry
--
Beauty, brains, availability, personality  - pick any two.