I had IE 5.1.2 installed under OS X.1, and I had moved it from
/Applications into /Applications/Networking

I've been wondering why Software Update wasn't giving me IE
5.1.3, and this morning discovered that the above was the
problem. As soon as I moved it into /Applications Software
Update showed my the security fix.

Is this a flaw in OS X's Software Update, or something specific
to the way this particular update was phrased? Either way it's
very frustrating. (If I hadn't seen information about this
update plastered on the news sites, I never would have even
known it was available!)

--
Gavin Kistner
User Experience Architect > Refinery, Inc.