Have you tried using the Get Info function in the OS X Finder to make sure that file
type is associated with Quicken?

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Trepanier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 8:03 AM
To: Mac Internet Explorer Talk
Subject: Setting up Mac IE for Web Connect?

I don't know if anyone else is doing this, but under OS 9, I was using Mac IE to
connect to my financial institution and retrieve my account statement information.
 The information was download as a file of type "Quicken Web Connect" and after the
download, Quicken would automatically open and import the statement information, where
I could proceed to reconcile.  This was working fine under Mac OS 9 / Quicken 2000 /
Mac IE 5.

However, I have been unable to get this to work properly under Mac OS X 10.1 / Quicken
2002 / Mac IE 5.1

The User Guide provides the following info for setting up Mac IE to recognize Web
Connect files:

Setting up your browser for Web Connect
Some browsers do not use Mac OS file mapping database when downloading data files from
the Internet. Before you begin downloading Web Connect data into Quicken you must set
your browser for the following values:
* the file extension is ".qfx"
* the MIME type is "application/vnd.intu.qfx"
* the file is "Binary data"
* the Mac OS "File Type" is "WBCN"
* the Mac OS "File Creator" is "INTU"
* the file is "Post Processed" with Quicken

I have tried to do the above.  The result looks like this:

Some comments here:
* There are three apparently blank file helpers that always appear at the top of the
list.  I can delete them, but they always return when reopening the IE
preferences/file helper settings.
* The file type drop down menu above does not replace the text in the file type text
box.  You can click it and see the file types supported by the app, but if you select
a type from the drop down menu, it does not replace the current value in the text box.
 This, I believe, is different from the Mac IE 5.0 classic behavior.

That said, even after I have defined a file helper as seen above, clicking the
"download" link on my financial institution's statement summary page still results in
dropping a "pcbanking.qfx" file on my desktop.  Quicken is not launched to
automatically post-process it.  I must manually launch Quicken and chose import Web
Connect from the File menu.  Am I forgetting anything?

--
Éric Trépanier
[EMAIL PROTECTED]