On Jul 5, 2010, at 4:03 PM, Rudolf O. Durrer wrote:

> I DO also reorder the volumes, and that works ok.
>
>> I was talking about the items you drag onto the sidebar.
>
> What I spoke about is that certain items, which I added (and sorted)
> manually, do suddenly NOT APPEAR anymore in the sidebar. In fact, 16 to 18
> out of approx 21 items just disappear. That "disappearance" does not occur
> regularly, but it happens often enough to have pushed me to save a copy of
> the relevant plist file ("com.apple.sidebarlists.plist").

To help us interpret your problem, could you PLEASE be specific about what
"items" you are dragging onto the sidebar that are having these problems, and
what part of the sidebar you are dragging them into?  Files?  Folders?
Aliases?  iDisks?  Servers?  Searches?

--
  Macs R We -- Personal Macintosh Service and Support
    in the Wickenburg and far Northwest Valley Areas.