On Jul 6, 2010, at 2:50 AM, Rudolf O. Durrer wrote:
> So, I'm not necessarily looking why the sidebar gets crazy (I did not find it
> out, but I guess it could be "DefaultFolder" prefpane), but how to get the
> Finder to accept and recognize the replaced sidebarplist....

I guess the obvious question would be, do you still see the problem if you
uninstall or disable the prefpane, or log in as a different user?  It sounds
like the sort of thing that might be mucking with Finder plists.  But if the
problem doesn't happen terribly often this might be a hard way to test the
theory.

What if you open a Terminal window and run this:

sudo fs_usage -w | grep sidebarplist

...and just leave it running?  Then when you lose your sidebar maybe you can
see if DefaultFolder recently accessed the file, which would make it a more
likely suspect.

--Andy