Well... "Fast User Switching" is just that, switching between users.

I need to stay within the logged in user only use the tech account credentials
to unlock the screensaver. Sorry but in this scenario it's not a good thing.

Thanks for your suggestions. If I figure out a way to do what we've been doing
in OS X for years... I'll let you know.

On Oct 5, 2011, at 7:30 PM, Scott Roebuck wrote:

> Sorry about the worthless unenforceable bull-crap... I usually turn that off
> and it really has nothing to do with our IT department.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion though... I'll give it a shot in the morning.
> Although... if I go directly to the admin account, won't that just put me in
> the admin account?
>
> On Oct 5, 2011, at 7:18 PM, LuKreme wrote:
>
>> On Oct 5, 2011, at 12:34, Scott Roebuck <sroeb...@mac.com> wrote:
>>> 10.7 (Lion) will by default, no longer allow anyone except the current
>>> console user to dismiss an active password protected screen saver. In
>>> previous versions of Mac OS X, it was possible to enter the name of any
>>> local administrator account credentials and bypass the screen saver,
>>> regardless of who was currently logged into the console.
>>
>> And this is a good thing.
>>
>>> In this environment computers are required to be locked so IT maintains a
>>> local master admin account on all computers so that an IT staff member
>>> could do maintenance/troubleshooting at an end user's Mac locked with a
>>> screen saver. The end user is not required to be present to physically
>>> unlock the screen saver.
>>
>> If you have fast user switching turned on, simply switch tot he wfmin
>> account without touching the user's login. I do this all the time.
>>
>>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This fax and any attachments thereto may contain
>>> information which is privileged and confidential, and is intended for the
>>> sole use of the recipient(s) named above. Any use whatsoever of the
>>> information contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or
>>> partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form) by persons
>>> other than the designated recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have
>>> received this email in error, please notify the sender by email and destroy
>>> the document and any attachments. Thank you for your cooperation.
>>
>> This does nothing to inspire confidence in your IT department. This
>> worthless unenforceable bullcrap should not be sent to a mailing list. What
>> I will do with this message is the same as I do with ALL messages containing
>> this shit, put it on a public facing web server for google indexing.

> Scott Roebuck
> sroeb...@mac.com
>
> "When All Else Fails, Discontinue the use of All Else."

Scott Roebuck
sroeb...@mac.com