On 08 Oct 2011, at 10:52 , Karl Kuehn wrote:
> I thought that the place to do this was always /etc/authorization,
> specifically in the system.login.screensaver section. If the entry there
> indicates you should be able to do this, and you can't, then it is a bug and
> you should report it as such.

Interesting, the rule for the screensaver is still set to
authenticate-session-owner-or-admin in /etc/authorization, but when the
screensaver lock come up, there doesn’t appear to be anyway to enter the admin
login and password short of clicking “Switch User”

<http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1149073> has no working
solution, though it does appear this started in 10.6, not 10.7.

And yes, it is an improved security model, as I suspected.

--
Space Directive 723: Terraformers are expressly forbidden from
recreating Swindon.