On Mar 8, 2012, at 6:06 AM, Jared Earle <jea...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No Siri because they do a Wifi-only iPad. Think about it.

What would be nice, though very hard to do really, would be to have it know if
you are connected and have Siri enabled, with a non-Siri voice thing otherwise.
 That would lead to inconsistency though so I see why it is not there.

> No Thunderbolt because … seriously, the 40-pin connector is called a 40-pin
> connector because it has 40 pins, some of which are used for stuff you
> couldn't do with Thunderbolt.

Thunderbolt on the iPad would be kind of silly, it doesn't need that bandwidth
at this point.  Apple would have a hard time changing the dock connector
anyway.  There is a whole cottage industry around that thing.

Overall there were a number of very nice changes.  The retina display for the
iPad  is amazing imho.  That is the thing that pushed me to deciding to get
one.  I read a lot on my ipad so it will be nice.