Yeah, I've tried that. The weirdness is that when I read an (IMAP) email from
this machine, it immediately deletes the email from the server so I can't see
it from any other machine I use. That's not supposed to be how IMAP works! I've
looked at all the settings, and there's nothing I can find that would account
for this aggressive behavior. So last resort would be to blow the account away
and re-add it, unless there's a smarter way.