On 12 Jul 2013, at 18:36 , Carl Hoefs <newsli...@autonomy.caltech.edu> wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2013, at 3:49 PM, LuKreme <krem...@kreme.com> wrote:
>
>> There really aren't that many settings for the account, why can't you just
>> change them?
>
> Exactly! There isn't a setting that calls for immediate deletion from the
> server upon read of emails, so I can't simply uncheck it.

Well, no, there isn't because that is not how IMAP works.

Are you moving your messages to offline (That is to say, "On My Mac")
mailboxes, because that might do it.

I have a half dozen IMAP accounts and have had for many years and I've never
had any program delete messages off the server in the way you are describing. I
think something else is going on here.

--
'When you've been a wizard as long as I have, my boy, you'll learn that
as soon as you find anything that offers amazing possibilities for the