On Jul 14, 2013, at 4:59 AM, LuKreme <krem...@kreme.com> wrote:

> On 12 Jul 2013, at 18:36 , Carl Hoefs <newsli...@autonomy.caltech.edu> wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 12, 2013, at 3:49 PM, LuKreme <krem...@kreme.com> wrote:
>>
>>> There really aren't that many settings for the account, why can't you just
>>> change them?
>>
>> Exactly! There isn't a setting that calls for immediate deletion from the
>> server upon read of emails, so I can't simply uncheck it.
>
> Well, no, there isn't because that is not how IMAP works.
>
> Are you moving your messages to offline (That is to say, "On My Mac")
> mailboxes, because that might do it.
>
> I have a half dozen IMAP accounts and have had for many years and I've never
> had any program delete messages off the server in the way you are describing.
> I think something else is going on here.

Yes, I agree that something suspicious is going on, but I know not what. This
is the only IMAP account that shows this behavior. I would have deleted and
re-added the account if it weren't for Mail wanting to blow away all of the
messages and the mailbox. But maybe I'll get fed up enough to just do it...