On 08 Nov 2013, at 16:47 , Kevin Callahan <kc...@mac.com> wrote:

> Anybody have suggestions for tuners supporting CableCard and for software
> running on Mavericks?  Comcast in now encrypting all channels.

HD Homerun + Cable card?

You might also call your local comcast office since IIRC the national policy is
to NOT encrypt local channels.

You're in Portland, right? I seem to recall something about Portland Comcast
doing that.

(local channels here are still in the clear on my Internet-only cable last time
I checked)

As for software, I don't know. The HD software for my old HD Home Run is
terrible on the Mac, but somewhat useable on the PC that I never use.

--
The other cats just think he's a tosser. --Neil Gaiman