I'd assume it's just FAT format with folders for artists and albums.
Sometimes there are path / file / folder name length limits, but
that's probably dependent on the specific system. Care to share what
that is? I would think the manual would specify this as well.

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 9:31 PM, Carl Hoefs
<newsli...@autonomy.caltech.edu> wrote:
> Is there a way to use iTunes to format/write a USB flash drive or micro sd
> card so that it will "play" when plugged into a car stereo USB port? I would
> guess there needs to be a certain format or arrangement of mp3 files and
> folders, probably atop some FAT-derived low level formatting. Does anyone
> know the format standard or spec for this?
> -Carl

arno  s  hautala    /-|   a...@alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448