On 25 Mar 2014, at 20:20 , Jean-Christophe Helary
<jean.christophe.hel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 26, 2014, at 8:48, Charles Dyer <charles.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think the voltage is okay, but it won’t matter if the memory controller
>> and the memory bus won’t work, and I’m pretty sure Core 2 Duos won’t see 8
>> GB sticks, period.
>
> I tried to find information on that but to no avail. Any idea where to find
> that ? Intel ?

Core 2s used external memory controllers. That means the memory controller is
on the motherboard somewhere. Core i5/7s use internal memory controllers, on
the chip die itself. This means that the Core 2 is at the mercy of whatever
memory controller Apple used, but the i5/7 uses what Intel wanted.