Thank you. I don't even know how I activated full-screen.

At least hitting that green "maximize" button brings it back to a normal
window. Just not a big window. (NB: I did not hit the green button to make it
full screen. Did 10.12 add another way to get there?)

On 2017-09-26, at 9:38 PM, Jean-Christophe Helary
<jean.christophe.hel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What you describe is when Mail is in Full Screen.
>
> I decided to bite the bullet a while ago and use it only full screen and it
> works like a charm.
>
> ...You can have a number of mails opened. The enter a tabbed mode in that
> mail composing window.

But I could not figure out how to have more than one of them open at a time,
nor move them around.

Apple's implementation of "full screen application" is really "one full-screen
window", and makes it a pain for apps that have multiple windows or even
multi-app'ing.

I discovered the "auto-hide menu bar" feature; between that and auto-hide dock,
is there any reason to say "maximize window" is not sufficient, and "dedicate
screen to one window no matter how much an app will use more than one" is even
needed?
===

Even after going to non-full-screen, I had problems. At some point, I made the
fonts in the window I was typing in tiny (not sure how), and could not figure
out how to get it back. Heck, the window I was trying to compose a message in
disappeared on me, and when I finally got it back (not sure how), it behaved
like it was a tiny preview window from "show all windows for this app", with
small fonts.

--
Entertaining minecraft videos
http://YouTube.com/keybounce