HP used to make great printers for the Mac, but now they're junk. And they
won't print unless network-connected (no USB!). I use mine as a doorstop.

My recent experience with the Epson All-in-Ones isn't very good. The first one
died after 6 months or so. Very cheap, flimsy feel to the printer. Couldn't
even print out its own alignment page. Returned it for another one, and this
one doesn't print straight. The text is tilted about 15 degrees to the right.
Worthless for any serious application. Also, there's a firmware upgrade it
keeps hassling me about, but I looked it up online and it appears that if I
upgrade, it disallows use of 3rd-party ink cartridges. Ugh.

I haven't tried the Epson EcoTank. They average about 20% or more 1-star
reviews on Amazon, so beware.

-Carl