Gregory> So, I put it to the list: Wouldn't it be possible to BUILD
Gregory> such a beast out of Perl scripts with liberal use of
Gregory> AppleScripts also?

Gregory> This IS a platform-specific hack, but since no other platform
Gregory> suffers from this curse of two filesystems, could this be the
Gregory> way to solve our problem & answer Randal's question?

Well, bringing it back to the *on topic* part of this list, I'm thinking
of a solution that does an "rsync --delete" thing by first File::Find'ing
the dest tree doing -e checks on the source, and then File::Find'ing the
source (noting hardlinks and symlinks properly) copying the file if needed
*and* its /rsrc fork if it sees a non-empty flavor.

It's too bad "ppt" didn't get to rsync. :)

>From what I understand, this should copy a file $foo to $bar
completely:

        use File::Copy;
        copy($foo, $bar);
        copy("$foo/rsrc", "$bar/rsrc");

In fact, if we could just teach File::Copy to do that on the mac... {grin}