On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 10:59:19AM -0700, Alex S wrote:
> Just press Control-D to skip that.  I believe there's a way to disable
<snip/>
> I've never been clear as to what toggles this to be on or off, but I'm
> guessing it's some flag in CGI.pm.

It's related to the installed version of CGI.pm, from the changelog:

        Version 2.57

           1. Added -debug pragma and turned off auto reading of STDIN.

BTW, you can pass args on the command line, e.g.:

        perl cgitest.pl x=y z=a

so, my customary approach (prior to the current CGI.pm releases) was to
simply pass a dummy param assignment on the command line.

rick