#---------
> On Friday, April 12, 2002, at 11:25 , Bill Stephenson wrote:
>
>> on 4/12/02 12:59 PM, Alex S at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>> I believe there's a way to disable
>> the prompting.
>
> The book says to pass empty parameters. Something like
>
> perl Skank.pl ''

My complements to both for two paths that both add value.

the strange part is that this only showed upon the OSX side,
but not on the other boxes - is OSX more 'perl compliant'????

Also a special thanks to Bruce - now I 'get it' about using
the command line 'debug mode' testing....

[jeeves:/tmp/drieux/perl] drieux% perl !$
perl Crap*
(offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input)
crap='here is a quote  "this Quote".'
^D

here is a quote  "this Quote".
[jeeves:/tmp/drieux/perl] drieux%