On Tuesday, September 17, 2002, at 04:40  PM, Alex Rice wrote:

> #!/usr/bin/perl
> use Net::ICal;
> $icalStr = `cat /Users/alex/Library/Calendars/ARCtime.ics`;
> my $cal = Net::ICal::Calendar->new_from_ical($icalStr) || die $!;
>
> Dies with output:
>
> Invalid duration: seconds at /Library/Perl/Net/ICal/Component.pm line
> 697
> Invalid duration: seconds at /Library/Perl/Net/ICal/Component.pm line
> 697
> Invalid duration: seconds at /Library/Perl/Net/ICal/Component.pm line
> 697
> MethodMapper: Can't invoke _create on Net::ICal::Duration at
> /Library/Perl/Net/ICal/Property.pm line 135
> Can't call method "restore" on an undefined value at
> /Library/Perl/Net/ICal/Property.pm line 178.
>
> I would love to hear of any success stories or ideas what's going
> wrong here.

I'm having some trouble installing Net::ICal (I expected this from the
comments when I ran Makefile.PM). Several of the messages from the
tests look a lot like the Invalid duration warning you got. Ah! the
joys of alpha software.

I also had some problems with Date::Calc tests. Did you install
Data-Calc-5.1 when you installed Net::ICal?

Mark