OK I see.  But what they're talking about here is the OLD Mac OS.. the
one without a command line.  This should be updated to reflect the fact
that Mac's can run variants of UNIX (Yellow Dog, OS X).

I concede the point but complain bitterly and in a completely
unsportsmanlike way :)

In conclusion OS X is =~ UNIX and you should look around this list for
all the instructions regarding the installation of 5.8.0

--
Lou Moran
http://ellem.dyn.dhs.org:5281/resume/lmoran2002.html