On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Chris wrote:

> Anyone else got a favorite editor for writing/converting text on MacOS
> X.2 when Unicode is important?

Vim claims to be able to do Farsi, Chinese, and other languages with non
western character sets & non western text flow, but personally I've never
had to deal with either. Still, if the original poster is a Vi users,
upgrading to Vim is worthwhile for a variety of reasons, including this.

I don't know how much it would help here, but Vim allows you to say:

    :set fileformat=unix

to automagically convert line endings from $whatever to Unix. Other
options there are of course

    :set fileformat=dos
    :set fileformat=mac

or, to figure out which one you're currently looking at,

    :set fileformat?

But again, none of this is likely to help with anything other than line
endings. Extended character sets are an exercise left for the reader.

--
Chris Devers