On Thursday, October 31, 2002, at 04:26  PM, Vic Norton wrote:

Thanks for the help, everyone. I've spent much of the afternoon trying to find out how to get the Developer Tools CD that doesn't come with new Macs. After a couple of calls to Apple I was finally directed to <http://developer.apple.com>, but that didn't help much. To download the software I need to be registered. Apparently I am already registered, but the only passwords I can think of don't work. When I try to get help, they ask me for my birth date. I can remember that: April 22 (1935). "Nope," Apple says, "The authentication provided doesn't match our records."
I am surprised that new Macs don't come with developer tools. But the login problem can be fixed by leaving feedback on the ADC site. Describe the problem, and they should email you with what you need to log in. May take a day or two. Has happened to me; .Mac and the Apple Store passwords are different, and ADC used to use the latter ... don't know what they do now.

Catch 22. I'm still in the same quandary. I can't "make" anything in OS X!
Good luck;  ADC feedback should work to download, though.

Take care,
--Chris