Thanks Troy,

The CD was a problem but not entirely, some of my close but not perfect
scripts did not contain the cdTruBlueEnvironment&; statement.  It's amazing
how you look at something a thousand times and never see something until
someone points it out.

TruBlueEnvironment is inside of the contents of "Classic Startup.app" when
launching Classic in this manner via the Applescript it opens Classic
silently no windows at all, well with the exception of the Terminal window.

That's what I was trying to avoid is the window thing, either by terminal or
by the app itself.  Here is another try, but I'm getting the same result
from the terminal "Bad Command"

#!/usr/bin/perl

cd '/System/Library/CoreServices/ClassicStartup.app/Contents/Resources/';./
TruBlueEnvironment&;exit

Should I be saving this script as an executable or make it a Terminal
command?

Thanks
Chuck