This morning when I tried to send some mail I was kept getting failure
messages.

Reading mail was OK.

Mail log asserted localhost had refused connection. After some putzing
around I noticed that "/" was owned by me and had all permissions turned on!

System and System/Library seem to have suffered a similar fate. I started
getting mail failures at about the same time I installed the"eUSBSmartmedia"
upgrade package.

I changed the owner/permissions of "/" to
drwxr-xr-x  51 root  admin  1734 Dec  3 13:56 /

That seemed to get mail going again, ( I set Don't Blame Sendmail )

Could someone :) email a copy of a long directory listing of "/" and also
include the owner/permissions for the /System/Library directory?

Thanks,

Jerry