My issue is analogous to the existing "DBD::mysql fails tests" thread.

I'm using perl 5.8.1, as installed with OS X 10.3. I upgraded my OS and am beginning to think such a non-clean OS installation might be contributing to my problem.

I have been able to install DBI successfully via CPAN, but Pg and DBD::Pg both fail with similar error messages: "dyld: /usr/bin/perl Undefined symbols". Of course all of the 'make test' iterations fail and the module fails to install.

I tried Edward Moy's advice with no success (add 'env' to ld definition in /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Config.pm).

It seems like this issue has been discussed on and on all over the internet, especially as it pertains to perl 5.6 with Jaguar and 5.8 perl installation from source code.

Does anyone have any thoughts about how to resolve this issue? Should I try a fresh Panther install or is the problem more involved than that? If you need anymore info to help, let me know.

Thanks.

Paul Teeter