On 2 Dec 2003, at 18:49, David Wheeler wrote:

On Tuesday, December 2, 2003, at 08:34 AM, Randall Perry wrote:

I built/installed perl 5.8.2 without threads in OS 10.3.1 and was able to
build/test DBD::Pg ok IF I built Postgresql without SSL. I cannot get
DBD::Pg to work with Postgresql/SSL and am giving up on it for now.

From the DBD::Pg README:

Note that if you've compiled
PostgreSQL with SSL support, you must define the POSTGRES_LIB
environment variable and add "-lssl" to it, like this:

export POSTGRES_LIB="/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lssl"

There is a bug report at

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/dbdpg/bugs/bugupdate.php?619

which suggests that in order to get DBD::Pg working on Panther you need to extend that to:

export POSTGRES_INCLUDE="/usr/local/pgsql/include"
export POSTGRES_LIB="/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lssl -lcrypto"

I haven't tried it, but the technique has worked with other recalcitrant modules.

best

will