Good afternoon,

On 11/3/04 at 2:54 PM -0500, John Siracusa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On 3/11/04 2:39 PM, Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj wrote:
>> Let's discuss Perl IDE's on the Mac!
>
>I thought the app looked neat and wouldn't have heard of it otherwise.  Too
>bad, like most GUI Perl debuggers, it doesn't seem to support mod_perl
>debugging...

I have had a look at the internal script that Affrus uses to talk to the Perl
debugger, and I believe mod_perl support should be possible with a bit of
effort on Mark's part.

I have mentioned it to him and hopefully a future version will support
mod_perl. But even without direct mod_perl support, I still find Affrus to be
an excellent program. If I have a particular problem that I can reproduce in a
simple script, debugging it in Affrus is *so* much faster than any other
method I have found. It has already saved me many hours.

Charlie

PS. I was very happy to see Mark's post on this list. I wasn't aware that Mark
was not part of this small community, but he has certainly been a part of the
larger Mac programming community for a long time. And there are many of us who
have been very grateful for the (yes, commercial) tools he has been offering
for many years.

--
   Charlie Garrison  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia

Sponsor me in the Leukaemia Foundation's World's Greatest Shave for a
Cure. Find out more about the challenge at <http://tinyurl.com/2sdj4>.
See why it's a good idea at <http://tinyurl.com/33csk>.