Hi,

Thanks all for the help on the mail question a few days back. That's fixed. Now I've run into another problem. I'm trying to copy a file on a local network (off a PC) to my Mac. But when the script is called from within cron, it seems that the script doesn't run. The cron looks like this:

* * * * * /Users/xxxx/Library/Scripts/backup.pl

The script is as follows:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;

my @files = "db1.txt, db2.txt, db3.txt, db4.txt";

foreach (@files) {
   rename "/path/to/pc/file/$_", "/Users/xxxx/Documents/$_".".bak";
}

exit;

And finally, should I even use perl to do this? I'm comfortable with the little perl I know, but should I use some sort of bash file -- I've never messed with bash before, but maybe now is a good time to learn. I don't even know if I am referencing "bash" correctly here.

Thanks for you help.

Mark