On 2004.5.6, at 09:58 PM, Chris Devers wrote:

But anyway, back to your original question. Your /usr/bin/cpan should
just be a little Perl script that amounts to little more than this:

$ /usr/bin/perl -MCPAN -e shell

hmm. I could have sworn I'd ended up with non-interactive behavior when I just ran /usr/local/cpan. Maybe it was just that all the defaults were already set from installing 5.8.4 from source.

Thanks. Any thoughts about the file locks left over when I run without sudo and quit? This doesn't happen when I'm running cpan as a non-amin user. Or maybe I should say it doesn't happen as a user other than the one I installed as, but I haven't tried running as a non-install admin user yet.

I'm thinking too hard, I know. Time to install XML and get back to work.

--
Joel Rees