Hello,

I need some help troubleshooting an 'Undefined symbols' error.

I'm trying to get Mason/mod_perl/Apache to install and work properly.
Currently I am running Mac OS X 10.2.8.

I first installed Perl v5.8.4. (I still have the Perl 5.6 installation
that comes from Apple.)

I installed Apache 1.3.31 and mod_perl 1.29, which installed sucessfully
and seem to work fine. (I explicitly used perl 5.8 to run Makefile.PL)

Next I installed HTML::Mason and dependancies using the CPAN module.
When I started up the CPAN shell, I also explicitly used perl 5.8.

I then added the following to my httpd.conf file:

PerlModule HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler
<FilesMatch "\.html$">
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlSetVar MasonDataDir "/usr/local/mason"
    PerlSetVar MasonCompRoot "/Library/WebServer/Documents"
    PerlHandler HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler
</FilesMatch>

Alas, now when I try to start Apache, I recieve the 'Undefined symbols'
error (see below).

I would appreciate any help that can be offered.

Thanks

Andrew

error below :
#############
andrewbr# apachectl start
dyld: /usr/sbin/httpd Undefined symbols:
_PL_curpad
_PL_markstack_ptr
_PL_op
_PL_stack_base
_PL_stack_sp
_PL_sv_undef
_PL_sv_yes
_PL_tainting
_Perl_croak
_Perl_form
_Perl_get_sv
_Perl_getcwd_sv
_Perl_mg_set
_Perl_newXS
_Perl_sv_2pv_flags
_Perl_sv_2pv_nolen
_Perl_sv_newmortal
_Perl_sv_setpv
_Perl_sv_setpvn
_Perl_sv_setsv_flags
_Perl_sv_taint
/usr/sbin/apachectl: line 186:  9293 Trace/BPT trap          $HTTPD
/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started