Hello Andrew,

I had similar problems when getting Perl 5.8.4 / Apache / mod_perl to work.

It stems from the fact that OS X really is happier when you build a dynamic libperl
(in fact, thats the way the shipped version of Perl on OS X is)

So, the way I fixed this was to recompile Perl with -Duseshrlib and then I built
mod_perl as a DSO.

Since then its worked great. (Also, building a dynamic libperl fixed my DBD::mysql issues
as well).

-- Jeff