This might be a little out of our developed world mindset, but I have heard numerous missionaries report that people in their host countries will do the exorcism first off on all kinds of equipment, especially cars and trucks and generators and household appliances. The general conclusion is that it works well and it is lot cheaper then finding a mechanic or engineer.

Could be they know things that some of us don't know.

Joe.