On Mar 15, 2005, at 10:01 PM, Chris Devers wrote:

Apparently, for whatever reason, it was never considered necessary to
patch it in a following OS upgrade, or even in the XCode update that
came out a few months ago. I don't know why, but there it is.

Can you imagine the QA nightmare that would be? A change in Perl - even a small change - would mean that everything Perl touches would have to be re-tested and passed by QA. I'm told that Apple uses Perl in their internal build system - so that essentially would mean *everything*, full stop. They'd be fools to go to that sort of effort for anything less than a major OS revision.

sherm--