On Mar 21, 2005, at 7:58 PM, Lola Lee wrote:

I have CPAN modules that are installed into ~/user/.cpan/build directory, from what I can tell.

I assume the extra slash is a typo, and you mean "~user", not "~/user". If so, those aren't installed - that's the temporary directory in which the CPAN shell unwraps modules to build them.

When I put that path (with my user name) in as /user/cpan/build, nothing shows up.

Hidden directories - those with names beginning with a . - are not displayed. There's usually no reason to display them, and there is certainly none in this case - the build directory has nothing that would be useful for ShuX in it, as the modules that were built there will be properly installed in the CPAN path of the Perl for which they were built.

Of course, you *do* understand that "~user/.cpan/build" and "/user/cpan/build" are not the same directory, right? "~user" refers to the home directory for user, which on Mac OS X is probably "/Users/user".

sherm--