Morbus Iff wrote:

Well, that's a normal old syntax error - you just put the $! in the wrong place. Ignoring that, did you correct your typo, per my previous message? http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.macosx/8991

Yeah, I did correct the typo and that error message is what I got after running the process again. In fact, I've copied all the relevant settings into Stickies so that I don't make this mistake again.

Now, $! . . . what does this do? I looked in perldebtut and it says that "!" means, redo a previous command, but what is the purpose of "$"? And, where should I be putting this in, again?

Here's the IF statement from t.1:

if($ans eq 'y' || $ans eq "yes")
{

open(WSDL,"$wsdl") || die("\n\n\n\nIllegal WSDL File Location - $wsdl\n\n\n\n");

close(WSDL) ;

my $google = new WebService::GoogleHack;

#isa_ok($google,"GoogleHack");

$google->init("$key","$wsdl");

$google->Search("duluth");

$correction= $google->phraseSpelling("dulut");

diag("\n".     "The Suggested spelling for dulut is $correction".
     "\n");

is($correction,"duluth");

There's apparently no closing brace for this IF statement.

-- Lola - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.lolajl.net | Blog at http://www.lolajl.net/blog/ Terrorismus delendus est! (Terrorism must be destroyed utterly!) I'm in Bowie, MD, USA, halfway between DC and Annapolis.