If you have downloaded the module instead of using CPAN, look at the file "INSTALL" in the module. If should tell you what to do:

Typically:

#./configuration
#make
#make check         <= VERY IMPORTANT!!
#make install

But using CPAN is better.

There are other issues in the MacOS X for manual installation or modules such as where the modules are install. The manual method may put them in /usr/local instead of in /Library. Be careful.

LogiQwest uses DBI.pm for our product which runs in Perl for multiple Unix types. (we develop on the Mac by the way for Unix reasons with desktops). The following link I have posted that might be useful to you for you DBI installation. It is part of our documentation (though it is general for Unix):

http://www.logiqwest.com/dataCenter/Demos/RunBooks/EnterpriseView/Docs/DbiDbdInstallation.html

But many of the other links on this page do not work.

Moisés Chicharro wrote:
Hi All,

Can anyone point me to a decent tutorial for installing perl modules.

The one I have downloaded is DBI-1.52.tar.gz

I am running OS X 10.4.7 and have never installed a perl module  before. I have found various pages on the net but I don't want to  mess things up so would like to make sure that the tutorial I am  reading has been recommended by some experts! :)

I am also assuming that the right directory for my install is
System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/

Thankyou in advance,
Mo

--

Michael Barto
Software Architect

LogiQwest Circle
LogiQwest Inc.
16458 Bolsa Chica Street, # 15
Huntington Beach, CA  92649
http://www.logiqwest.com/

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel:  714 377 3705
Fax: 714 840 3937
Cell: 714 883 1949

'tis a gift to be simple
This e-mail may contain LogiQwest proprietary information and should be treated as confidential.