In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Scripting Bridge
> Use Objective-C, Ruby, and Python programs to automate Mac
> applications. The new Scripting Bridge enables them to easily
> generate AppleEvents using a concise, AppleScript-like syntax.

> Not a single word about perl.

This has been explained, but let's talk about what we WILL have: Mac::Glue.
I don't know much about Scripting Bridge -- I await seeing some examples for
other languages -- but I am not sure Scripting Bridge in whatever form would
even be preferable to Mac::Glue.

I imagine it does some things better than Mac::Glue (and perhaps some things
outside of Mac::Glue's scope?), but that just gives me ways to improve
Mac::Glue.  I imagine, for example, it might do dynamic autogeneration of
glues, which is something I want to add to Mac::Glue.

I am likely going to start a Mac::Glue feature expansion project soon, and
will be looking for wishlist items. Stay tuned.

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Technology Group       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://ostg.com/