On Jan 16, 2015, at 5:09 PM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvber...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday January 16 2015 16:43:45 Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
>
>> A buildslave will not provide archives that a user could not compile
>> themselves.
>
> So the buildslaves for 10.6 run 10.6 themselves?

Yes.

> Does each buildslave build with the minimal OS version set to the target OS
> version, and use the "current OS" SDK?

As far as I know, the buildslaves more or less do a `port install` with the
default MacPorts configuration; they don't do anything out of the ordinary. So
most C-language ports are built for deployment on the host operating system.

> Out of curiosity: If the binary packages for 10.7 are not built against the
> 10.7 SDK, it ought to be possible to rename them and put them in the right
> download directory on 10.6 and thus trick MacPorts into installing them,
> which should give working apps, no?

Theoretically yes, but the Lion archives are intended to be deployed on Lion.
If any of them were built to be deployed on 10.6, it was probably unintentional.

vq